Department for International Economic and Political Relations
Ph.D. Faculty of Economics, University of Zagreb
Date of birth: 4 October 1977
J. Puljiz was trained in B.A. in Economics and M.Sc. in Operational Research programmes at the University of Zagreb. He worked as researcher and consultant on regional development projects in Croatia for the Ministry of Regional Development, Forrestry and Water Management, Fund for Regional Development, Ministry of European Integration, World Bank and other international organizations. His research interest lies in regional economics, national and EU regional policy and economic growth. His software skills include Eviews, Statistica, SPSS and Arc view.
2001 B.A. in Economics, Faculty of Economics, University of Zagreb
2005 M.Sc. in Operational Research, Faculty of Economics, University of Zagreb
2009 Ph.D., Faculty of Economics, University of Split
2001-present: Research Fellow at IMO
- Puljiz, Jakša: “Measuring regional development level – case of Croatia"; (in Croatian), Environmental protection and regional development – experiences and perspectives / Tišma, Sanja ; Maleković, Sanja (ed.).Zagreb : Institute for International Relations, Zagreb, (2009), 135-158.
- Puljiz Jakša, Maleković Sanja: “Regional Income and Unemployment Disparities in Croatia”, Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Enterprise in Transition, ed.: Fredotović Maja, Reić, Zlatan, Faculty of Economics Split, Split-Bol, (2007), full text on CD-ROM, ISSN: 1846-2693
- Puljiz Jakša, Maleković Sanja: “Introducing Evaluation of Development Programmes in Croatia – an Option, Obligation or Necessity?”, Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Enterprise in Transition, ed.: Fredotović Maja, Reić, Zlatan, Faculty of Economics Split, Split-Bol, (2007), full text on CD-ROM, ISSN: 1846-2693
- Puljiz Jakša, Maleković Sanja: “Current situation and future perspectives of regional policy in Croatia”, 6th International Conference Economic integration, competition and cooperation / Kandžija, Vinko ; Kumar, Andrej (ur.).Rijeka : University of Rijeka, Faculty of Economics, (2007) full text on CD-ROM, ISBN: 978-953-6148-61-5.
- Puljiz, Jakša: “Proposal for new development categorisation of regional and local units in Croatia”, Croatian International Relations Review, Vol. 12 No. 44/45 (2006), 125-138, ISSN: 1331-1182
- Maleković, Sanja; Puljiz, Jakša; Polić, Mario: “Institutional Capacity for Regional Development in Croatia”, Croatian International Relations Review. XII (2006) , 44/45; 139-148, ISSN: 1331-1182
- Cziráky, Dario; Sambt, Jože; Rovan, Jože; Puljiz, Jakša: “Regional development assessment: A structural equation approach”, European Journal of Operational Research, 174, 427-442 (2006)
- Cziráky, Dario; Puljiz, Jakša; Jurlin, Krešimir; Maleković, Sanja; Polić, Mario: “A Multivariate Methodology for Modelling Regional Development in Croatia”, Croatian International Relations Review, Vol. VIII, 25. (2002), ISSN: 1331-1182
- 2009: „Analytical basis for elaboration of Guidelines for Financing Regional Development“ (Ministry of Regional Development, Forrestry and Water Management)
- 2008: „Revision of Regional Operational Programme of Dubrovnik-Neretva County“ (Regional Development Agency of Dubrovnik-Neretva County)
- 2008: „Assesment and improvment of government interventions for disadvantaged areas in Croatia“ (in cooperation with Faculty of Economics Split, for the needs of Ministry of Regional Development, Forrestry and Water Management)
- 2007: „Yearly Competitiveness Report 2006“ (National Competitiveness County)
- 2006-2007: “Technical Assistance for the effective Implementation of Croatia's National Strategy and Action Plan for Regional Development (Ministry of Sea, Transport, Tourism and Development)
- 2005-2007: Preparation of County Development Strategy in County of Međimurje, Istria and Koprivnica-Križevci (Fund for Regional Development, County governments)
- 2006-2008: „Regional Capacity Building for pre-accession and Structural Funding“ (Central Office for Public Administration, European Education Forum, Government of Denmark)
- 2005-2006: „New categorisation of local and regional territorial units in Croatia according to the level of development“ (Ministry of Sea, Transport, Tourism and Development, ECORYS, Netherlands)
- 2006: “Technical assistance for project application assessment submitted under 2nd Call of Neighbourhood Programme Slo-Hu-Cro 2004-2006”, (RAZBOR, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration)
- 2004-2005: “Ex-post evaluation of socio-economic impacts of development projects” (Fund for Regional Development).
2008 - Member of the working group in charge of preparation of the final version of the National Regional Development Strategy
2003 - Lecturer of the course EU Economic Policy for the Ministry of European Integration
2002 - Lecturer of the course EU Regional Policy for the Ministry of European Integration
2001 - Member of the governmental workgroup in charge of the implementation of the NUTS classification in Croatia
Membership in Professional Societies
European Regional Science Association (ERSA) – Croatian Section
Croatian Operational Research Society (CORS)
English (excellent), German (good), Italian (good), Croatian (native)
For further information, please see the detailed curriculum vitae (PDF, 109 kB) and scientific bibliography.
Contact: IMO, Ul. Lj. F. Vukotinovića 2, P.O. Box 303, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia; tel.: +385-1-4877478; fax: +385-1-4828361; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org